Clinics and Services
Our team of nurses offer clinics and advice on the following:
- Travel Advice / immunisations
- Removal of Stitches
- Ear Syringing
- Health Promotion
- Cervical Smears
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Reduction Clinic
You can book an appointment for any of the above by telephoning the surgery on 0117 9352 318
Baby Immunisation Clinic
Baby immunisations commence at 8 weeks old and follow a programme of immunisations as recommended by the National guidelines. You will be sent an invitation when your baby is due their first immunisations.
Every child under the age of 5 will have a designated Health Visitor. They offer emotional support, health care and lifestyle advice to young families. This could be in your own home or in a variety of alternative settings, including the surgery or children’s centres. They work closely with the doctors, having regular meetings to ensure good co-ordination of your child’s care.
Routine Checks by the Doctor
You will be asked to take your child for routine check-ups with the doctor at 7 weeks. If you have any worries or queries concerning your child you can, of course, discuss them with the doctor or health visitor at any time.
Dressing clinics are available for patients who may require a longer appointment or specialist treatment regarding their dressings.
Promoting good health is very important and we try to make the most up-to-date information available to our patients via this site and in the ‘Health Information Area’ in the waiting room at the surgery.
All new patients on registering with the surgery will be asked to complete a health questionnaire. The nurses will then check through this and offer an appointment if necessary. Please provide as much information as possible.
In this clinic we offer advice on how to give up smoking, offer follow up appointments and prescribe Nicotine Replacement Therapy or Zyban (no smoking drug) as appropriate.
Our treatment room nurses offer a range of services such as smaller dressings, ear syringing and injections.
Weight Management / Healthy eating
- For more women’s health information click here
- For advice about breast screening and NHS Cancer screening click here
- For information about Cervical Screening (Smear) click here
- For help with the menopause please visit the NHS Direct site or have a look on Patient UK for patient leaflets.
- If you need advise about contraception have a look at Brook Advisory Service online
- Visit Womankind, Bristol’s women’s therapy centre or Telephone 0845 458 2914 (for a range of advice including domestic violence, and depression)