GP Registrar Training
There is a long tradition at Hanham Health of teaching both GP registrars and medical students. It is intrinsic to the practice. We have 4 doctors that are GP trainers: Dr. Taylor, Dr Ayers, Dr Fay and Dr Pearson.
We offer a dedicated consulting room with computer facilities for digital video editing of consultations. Our recent registrars have all fared very well in the MRCGP exam, with recent distinction and merit passes. There is an established local day release teaching programme once a week (Thursdays) for registrars to attend. We also offer a very gentle and non-stressful induction and a comprehensive weekly tutorial programme for the year.
In Summary, we offer:
- A practice with a strong teaching and nurturing ethos
- An established programme of weekly tutorials
- Dedicated spacious consulting room with digital camera video editing facilities
- High success rates for Summative Assessment and MRCGP
- Gentle induction and supportive clinical team
- Semi-rural environment and an excellent modern building to work in
- We are paperless and feel strongly positive about the benefits of I.T
What are you waiting for? Come and join us!
Do contact Dr Paul Taylor at Hanham Health for more information. We would be delighted to hear from you. Call 0117 9352 318
F2 Training (Foundation Doctor)
This post is supervised by Dr Felicity Fay and is a 4 month post linked to North Bristol NHS Trust. Please contact Dr Fay for more information on the usual surgery number – 0117 9352 318
We aim to provide you with a rich, non-threatening and hopefully rewarding experience during your attachments here. All the staff at this practice look forward to being involved in teaching you. Our patients have become quite used to having medical students and are keen to subject themselves to your scrutiny!
Much of what is written above also applies to medical students. We have 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students attached, sometimes at the same time!