Covid-19 Booster Vaccines
We have now commenced the Covid-19 Booster Vaccination Campaign for our patients.
Please note the following information:
1) Booster doses are only being offered to patients in the original cohorts 1-9 (i.e. those who are over 50 years of age or have an underlying health condition listed in the eligible criteria. This also includes carers).
2) You must have had your second dose of vaccine MORE THAN 180 days prior to your booster dose. We are aware that text messages have been sent out centrally from the government but this time frame has not been taken into account in many cases. If you have received a text it does not mean you are due your jab - check the date of your second dose before trying to book.
3) We will be contacting registered patients when they are due their booster jab, regardless of where they had their first and second vaccines. You can still book through 119 at a community pharmacy or mass vaccination centre if you prefer. The system we use will notify us if you have done so and we will not contact you. We are adding patients to the system in date order based on when they had their second dose. If you were vaccinated here but aren't a registered patient, we will not contact you and you will need to speak to your own GP surgery or contact 119.
4) Our vaccine clinics are being held on Saturdays and Sundays at Cadbury Heath Health Centre, Parkwall Road. This allows us to vaccinate as many patients as possible from the 4 practices in our network without impacting on business-as-usual. Our staff are working overtime to cover these clinics, so please be kind when contacting us or attending your appointment.
5) Patients who are housebound or residents of care homes that we support will be visited by a member of our team to receive their booster dose.
Please do not contact the practice asking to be booked in - WE WILL CONTACT YOU when your dose is due. Our phone lines are very busy and need to be kept free for patients with other medical problems. The booster programme is due to run until mid-December so there will be plenty of opportunities for eligible patients to receive their vaccines.
It is also important to note that we are unable to adminster flu vaccines at our covid booster clinics so please book your flu vaccine with us in the normal way.
Thank you for your continued support during this campaign
Published: Sep 27, 2021
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.